Monday, October 11, 2010

GET REAL-TOR! "GREG ELLIOTT" The Love Shack Series Blog 2


One of the first three people to cross the threshold of the side door entrance to my "new old house" (The front door still doesn’t open. I need to buy a new one)was actually the person who most influenced me to buy a house…my good friend and realtor Greg Elliott. Greg and I have been friends since way before he became a realtor. Actually it's fair to say that he’s been one of my BFFs for more than 20 years! There's only a hand full of them floating around. Believe me, we both have the blackmail stories that go with such a long and mututally successful friendship and needless to say I don't think either of us will ever use them. Needless to say this will be delicately worded blog! 

Greg Elliott is the BEST realtor in all the world! The sad thing is after buying this house is that I immediately posted that as my Facebook Status much to the chagrin of my other realtor friends. They quickly and good-naturedly pointed out my politically incorrect post and I do see their point. But come on, at the moment I was partial. I’ve always been partial to Greg! If I had to choose member to a kickball game, an alliance for the TV show "Survivivor", or someone to have to go on a criminal spree with, Greg would always be in my posse. Well at least I'd always invite him!

He’s one of about 5 people on this Earth that would make me lose on that old TV game show “Make Me Laugh” by just looking at me the wrong way. Believe me, for me buying a house was not a laughing matter. That’s why I really am grateful to Greg, not only for his loyal friendship over the years, but for taking on the thankless task of helping me to buy a house. Believe me, no commission in the world could be worth selling me a house (especially one under a hundred thousand). I often think “Greg made me buy the house” more out of concern for my well-being and security than anything at all.

When I say Greg made me buy the house, it’s not that much of an exaggeration. I don’t know if I would have done it if he wasn’t able to make it such a non-emotional experience and some levity gratefully. It was more like getting me through a hard work-out by telling me I could do it at all the right times. Greg wouldn’t hover over me about me buying a house, yet he consistently and factually would keep me appraised with the great opportunities that buying a house in this buyer’s market would afford. He eventually made me see that my emotional stubbornness was keeping me away from not only making a good investment but frankly in this case cheaper than most rentals! Once I dove in, it was so much easier than I thought (Of course Greg's reassurance was always helpful.

Greg Elliott is a great friend, not only to me, but too many people.. So yes great sense of humor. The perfect amount of intelligent sarcasm and acerbic wit mixed with not being too evil. Greg is also very kind in general.

He’s a great business man as he still is the Owner of Synergy Educational Services, an educational travel company he’s been running since the one we both worked at was driven under by the ridiculously self serving expenses of an arrogant owner (Not that I’m bitter). But funny how Greg has kept his company making a profit since the day it opened; something our former boss never could seem to do. In fact, I have worked part-time for Greg's company on occasion and got to see many schools and teachers we worked with in the past.

I remember Greg when we were 20, then 30, then 40! Wait, I take the 40 back. And it’s been really cool to see him transform over the years into who he is now on the inside and out. Not that he ever looked bad, but he’s only grown better looking over the years which is always a source of comparison pain to me. Greg took me to my first spinning class at the YMCA and despite his efforts to convince me not to do everything everyone else was doing for the entire hour, my stubbornness prevailed and I could barely walk for a week.

Whenever I’m looking for inspiration to take me to the next level whether it be fitness, finance, or friendship, Greg has always been there for me. I TRUST Greg. So if you are thinking that now might be a really good time to buy a house, you may want to call OLD TOWN PROPERTIES and ask for an appointment with him. I promise you Greg will have YOUR best interests in mind. He certainly won’t BS you! Having bought, kept and flipped several properties of his own over the years, he knows houses inside out and what it will take to make an old home, YOUR NEW HOME! I put in about $4,000 and already would say that this house jumped $20,000 in value over the first three months I owned it.

I am grateful to have Greg Elliott as a friend and as my realtor. Because of Greg, I have a house. Because of the love and patience that many people have invested into this house, I now feel like I have a home.


Featured Song: A House Is Not a Home -Chris Colfer (Of GLEE. Yes, i'm a GLEEK!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y6Wiqgpvfs

Featured Quote:
"A true friend is someone who says nice things behind your back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment